Sunday, March 22, 2009

Well its a new year!

Well everybody my momma has had a time with getting a new battery for the digital camera but I did manage to get her to take a few pictures earlier this year when I was working on my scent library. Momma says in order for me to be the best hunting gal I can I have to have a scent library to refer back to. Like how a skunk smells and a raccoon smells or rabbits. Heck, it doesn't matter to me because they are all on my list. 

Well on St. Patrick's day my boyfriend Bailey, "Bubba", got the great idea to go paint the town, "Green", so me being the kind of gal that I am and that I love my Bubba so much I couldn't help but to follow him. Mom went out to check on us and we were not home and when she called for us still nothing. Dad went out on the 4 wheeler and Mom got in the car and with the cell phones were trying to find us to no avail. Mom called everybody in the county not to mention all the folks they drove by that would know us. Well after a few hours I got tired and couldn't follow him around, not to mention that our neighbors told Mom and Dad they saw us waltzing across Texas on the farm road not too far from our home by about a couple of miles. Well after it got dark I didn't want to go any further. Mom and Dad were worried so much and all the neighbors were on the look out for us. Then the next day Bubba finally made it home and told my mom that I was coming. Well, after a while she was still afraid that maybe something happened to me because I am so much sweeter and younger than big ole' Bubba. Well he was so tired he came in and got a little bite to eat and a little water and went to go lay down. Then about 2 hours later I finally got home. Mom was so happy to see I was back and safe and sound. Same for me, I was tuckered out too. I guess Mom pick up on that we had dinner out and got something to drink too. We were not all that hungry nor thirsty. But, boy was I pooped out! I mean I was tired. Mom was so happy to see us all she could do is hug us and tell is she was so afraid and missed us too. Then when Dad got home from work he felt the exact same way. Mom was so happy she called all the neighbors and friends that we were back home. Oh, Mom also wants to give Apache's Tribe and their folks a great big, "Thank You", for all of your prayers as well. Mom guess estimates that we were gone for about 16 hours. Boy, we were so tired we slept all Thursday, and Friday. Did Bubba learn anything from this excursion, "NO", but I'm not so sure if I will follow him next time. Dad said he is going to fix the fence and get one of those GPS collars for Bubba being as he gets lost. I just try to keep track of him so I know where he is even though he doesn't know, I know exactly where we are, Lost!
Well at least we didn't get a yelling at or a paddling, after all it never works anyway because we live in the moment and don't know what all that is for anyway. We just came home and Mom and Dad were so happy to have us back and Mom was praising Jesus for all of his blessings and especially that we are home and OK.
I am thankful too!


Maggie and Mitch said...

We're very happy and relieved that you're home too! It sounds like you had tons of hoomans worried about the both of you! We hope you don't try anything like that again anytime soon!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Penny, Poppy & Patches said...

We are soooooo glad you both made it home okay! Now, don't give your peoples any more heart attacks by running off where no one knows where you are. Our peoples really worry about us! We hope you had a good rest once you got home!

Poppy, Penny & Patches